Sunday, April 25, 2010

Remembering Roar of the Rings

There are lots of things to say about the performance Team Bernard shown at this Roar of the rings to earn their place at the Olympics. I could write several paragraphs just about it. They had such a great run losing only one game, which didn’t have much importance since they had already a place strait to the final. But let’s start with those pretty pics, and some quotes from our Skip. I'll add information about it, for those who missed it, or just want to see it all over again.

"Don't be heavy," Bernard said with a laugh. "That's what I was thinking. You just have more adrenalin going and I just tried to throw it and not think what this was for. I was a little worried but then it began to curl and I knew it would grab.

"It's amazing. I don't know what to say. My team was incredible. They did everything they needed to, and they kept calm."

"We've lost a lot of heartbreakers over the years and all that was for this," she said. "And that's good. Whatever it did, all the losses were worth this win. All those years. I've got a lot of them. Am I going to be the oldest Olympian?"

No comments:

Post a Comment